As a unique facet of our aftercare program, graduates of Milestones primary residential treatment are given the opportunity to return for a free, one-week tune-up, subject to bed availability. At any future point after successful completion of treatment, a graduate may request a tune-up. Tune-up services may be sought for a variety of reasons. For example, perhaps there is a struggle with intense cravings to use, a desire to refresh or hone relapse-prevention skills, or the burgeoning need to explore a specific behavioral or emotional issue. Sometimes, an unexpected loss or severe psychosocial stressor may compel a proactive client to seek solace in the warmth and serenity of Calamigos Ranch and the supportive Milestones staff.
Please note that prior to returning for a tune-up, we require completion of an assessment via telephone. A client who has relapsed on drugs and/or alcohol may first need to enter either a detoxification, primary or transitional living program per recommendation of Milestones clinical staff. (The fee for detox is not included).
Additionally, if the client does not require detox, a medical clearance must be completed and will be coordinated by your admissions coordinator.
- Tune-Up is based on bed availability
- Only one tune-up per person
- Account balance must be satisfied or paid in full prior to tune-up admission
- Tune-up cannot be applied to current treatment
- Residents will be assessed for clinical appropriateness
- Milestones has the right to refuse tune-up to any resident that is administratively discharged from the program
- Milestones has the right to refuse tune-up to any resident that needs a higher level of care, psychiatric stabilization, and or is aggressive/ shows aggression towards admission staff during assessment process