Dr. Louise A.
This will be a lively interactive training which takes a close look at rules and regulations governing digital communications, the use of social media, telepsychology and crossing state lines as a licensed provider. In addition, the impact of the opioid epidemic on delivery of services along with the legalization of marijuana and the “ME TOO” movement will be some of the more global ethical issues we will explore as practitioners.
1. Explain, describe and differentiate digital policies and ethics for licensed clinicians
2. Review confidentiality, duty to warn, duty to protect in a Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram world
3. Examine the usage of social media and advertising
4. Evaluate telepsychology and the ethical dilemma it poses
5. Examine the emergence of open notes as an ethical issue
May 10, 2018 @ 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Calamigos Ranch 327 Latigo Canyon Rd, Malibu, CA