Milestones Ranch Malibu is located on an expansive 160 acre ranch nestled in the Santa Monica mountains. Our natural landscape offers a beautiful environment for healing and recovery. Following the social distancing and CDC guidelines, clients can take advantage of our natural surroundings of lush vegetation, waterfalls and beautiful eucalyptus trees throughout the ranch.
In addition, our clients continue to have access to our private gym facilities, swimming pool as well as private hiking trails located on our property.
The staff at Milestones Ranch Malibu understands that finding a treatment program during the pandemic crisis can be highly stressful for families and loved ones. We are unique in regard to our beautiful and natural environment where clients can experience a sense of safety during this stressful time.
With Covid-19 information evolving daily, our staff at Milestones Ranch Malibu is committed to ensure the safety of our clients and staff by taking additional steps to evaluate the potential risk when admitting clients during times of pandemic and implementing the most current CDC guidelines and recommendations.
Milestones Ranch Malibu remains operational as the services we provide are recognized as essential services by the CDC. Our staff will continue to provide the highest quality of care for our clients while following ongoing current health and safety guidelines from the CDC.
We recognize people struggling with mental health and addiction may find this time highly stressful. Isolation and social distancing can be challenging and may increase symptoms of depression and anxiety.
To prevent the spread of communicable diseases and keep our environment safe for our current residents and staff, we implemented a comprehensive Covid-19 pre-screening process and provide Covid-19 testing to all potential clients prior to admission.
During times of current pandemic, the following actions have been implemented in addition to the regular screening and admissions process:
- Pre-screening questions have been added to the pre-admission assessment based on the nature of the pandemic to determine possible exposure and/or infection of potential clients at the earliest possible stage.
- All potential clients are medically cleared prior to admission with specific Covid-19 testing and medical evaluation for pandemic disease.
- If a client is medically cleared for admission, then the client is isolated upon admission as recommended by the medical physician pending test results.
- All group and individual therapy sessions will be completed via telehealth while client is in isolation period.
- Once negative test result is confirmed, client will no longer be isolated and can integrate into the milieu.
- If it is determined that admitting a potential client poses an excessive risk of the spread of infection to clients, staff, and/or within the community, then the potential client may be denied admission and provided assistance in locating an alternative program in a more appropriate setting.
Cleaning and Sanitation
Our staff follow cleaning and sanitization standards and guidance recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
A cleaning schedule has been created to ensure the full facility is cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis, including office and administrative areas used by staff members only.
Increased Hand Washing & Social Distancing
Milestones Ranch Malibu practices hand hygiene guidelines on a regular basis. Hand sanitizers are provided to staff for regular use and are made available for clients upon request.
Milestones Ranch Malibu has implemented social distancing guidelines as recommended by CDC. Clients and staff are encouraged to maintain at least 6 feet distance from each other when possible. In addition group activity is selected based on the ability to maintain social distancing.
Minimizing Transportation of Clients, Off-Site Activities, and On-Site Group Activities
It is the policy of Milestones Ranch Malibu to minimize the transportation of clients during pandemic by cancelling or postponing off-site appointments unless determined essential to maintain the health and welfare of the client.
During times of current pandemic, transportation of clients off-site only occur for activities and/or appointments determined essential for maintaining the health and welfare of the client, such as:
- Medical appointments and testing.
- Appointments with providers determined essential to maintain treatment for the client’s admitting condition.
- During times of current pandemic, attendance at off-site recreational and/or group recovery activities have been suspended (We are no longer attending off-site 12-step meetings. The clients participate in recovery support meetings with our own clients/ alumni via Zoom as well as participating in online Zoom meetings)
Visitors to the facility are currently restricted to insure the safety of our residents . This applies to client visitors as well as professional visitors for business purposes.
- Visual alerts (e.g., signs, posters) are posted at entrances and in strategic places advising visitors not to enter the facility.
- Friends and family are encouraged to use alternative mechanisms for interactions such as video-call applications on cell phones or tablets on Sundays between the hours of 1:00pm-5:00pm.
- Exceptions may be granted when a visitor is essential for treatment of the client’s admitting condition and/or essential for the client’s emotional well-being and care.